Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Just can't give it up

I know I said I wouldn't be back on here until I'd finished my novel. I lied. The truth is, I probably would have finished it by now but I've put in on the backburner once again to study for a teaching Diploma which I should hopefully have finished by August. That means I'll be able to get back to the novel of which I've already written 32,743 words (62 pages).

Its been over a year since I've written anything properly and the whole time I've felt there was something missing. The truth is, I love writing and I've missed it. So I'm going to be back with a weekly post or two to keep me going. I have had to fight the urge to post the odd rambling on here but whilst reading an article on Delia Smith in The Observer Food Monthly, the urge was just too strong to resist. Here it is below.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey you're back. goodies!

Steve said...

Yaay! Welcome back A.C.T.

The Finsbury Park Blog Massive is back in business!

Red said...

Welcome back!

Delia has never been my favourite chef, but now she has really become an object of ridicule in our household with her "How to Cheat" book and her stupid comments about battery chickens. I really don't know what on earth possessed her to come out with the nonsense she's spouting...

* (asterisk) said...

Bentornata!

ginkers said...

Great to have you back, and in good form too!

Ben Bruges said...

So is the Giles Peterson album any good?

You'll be glad to hear I've finally finished Dance Dance Dance, so when we meet up I can return it. Is him indoors a 'neat book' person - if so I better buy him a new one. It's not massively bad, but it's not pristine neither. :-(

I've now worked out this RSS feed stuff, so I should notice when you put up a new post. Just can it be about something other than food or men with chunky thighs? (heresy!)

b x

Ben Bruges said...

oops - forgot to tick a box

a.c.t. said...

Thanks everyone, it's good to be back.

Er ben, food and men with chunky thighs is what I write about so may I (politely) suggest you bugger off and read elsewhere if you don't like food or men with chunky thighs ;-) And as for the book, that edition is rare - good luck in finding a new one. 'Him indoors' is already after your blood. The clock is ticking...tick...tock...

martinobhoy said...

A belated welcome back. I heard from Ginkers that you were blogging again.